So, you didn’t make it to Rio. That’s okay. You can cheer for Team USA (or any nation of your choosing) right here.
Ahead of the Olympics—which kick off on Friday, August 5—we’ve compiled a list of four East End bars and restaurants that will be screening the games, hosting celebrations, and offering awesome drink specials. At these four locations, you’ll be able to enjoy the flavors of Brazil all Olympics-long—without any risk of contracting Zika.
Townline BBQ in Sagaponack
- Celebrate the XXXI Summer Olympics with a special Olympic cocktail inspired by the popular Brazilian drink Caipirinha.
- Townline BBQ will introduce their new Watermelon Caipirinha—mixed with Auva Cachaca, watermelon, homemade lime juice and simple syrup—to their menu on Friday, August 5, where it will remain through the rest of the summer.
- Edible says: Grab a Watermelon Caipirinha and cheer for your Olympics-boyfriend Ryan Lochte (or is that our Olympics-boyfriend?) and enjoy all the televised events; they’ll be playing on Townline’s TVs throughout the games.
Rowdy Hall in East Hampton
- Watermelon not your thing? What about passion fruit? Rowdy Hall has created its own Olympics-themed cocktail that you can enjoy between Friday, August 5 and Sunday, August 21: the Passion Fruit Caipirinha.
- Made with Auva Cachaca, passion fruit purée, muddled lime, and sugar, Rowdy Hall’s Passion Fruit Caipirinha just might make you cheer, “U-S-A! U-S-A!”
- Edible says: Passion Fruit Caipirinha in hand, head out to Rowdy Hall’s outdoor courtyard to enjoy the games al fresco—on an HDTV.
Nick & Toni’s in East Hampton
- From Friday, August 5 through Sunday, August 21, Nick & Toni’s cocktail menu will feature its own Rio-inspired Passion Fruit Caipirinha—made with cachaca, passion fruit purée, muddled lime, and sugar.
- For $15, enjoy this Brazilian cocktail in true Hamptons style (BYOGM: bring your own gold medal).
- Edible says: Pair a Passion Fruit Caipirinha with some wood oven roasted fish (for which Nick & Toni’s is rightfully famous). Leave the gymnastics to the experts.
Indian Wells Tavern in Amagansett
- Indian Wells Tavern will celebrate the Summer Olympics by offering food and beer specials every day of the games.
- Beer specials: $6 for Montauk Driftwood Ale, Brooklyn Summer Ale, Peroni, and Guinness; $4 for Red Stripe, Miller Lite, and Montauk Summer Ale Cans.
- Food specials: $10 will get you a Brazilian Churasco Skewer—with chicken, steak or sausage—served with a fried plantain.
- Edible says: Even former-Olympian McKayla Maroney (famous for being unimpressed) would be pleased by the Olympics specials at Indian Wells Tavern. Grab a beer and a Brazilian Churasco Skewer and watch the games on the flat screen TVs in the bar area. Drink for your country. Like Uncle Sam, we want you (to).