The fourteenth day of February is a lot of different things to a lot of different people. It’s Valentine’s Day to many, and Singles Awareness Day to some. To us, it’s a wonderful excuse (as if we needed any) to enjoy good food and wine with great people. Here’s where we’re going to spend it.
1. Almond Restaurant in Bridgehampton (pictured above), 631.537.5665
- From Friday, February 12, through Sunday, February 14, Almond will be serving a special, four-course, pomegranate-themed menu. The menu will be $75 per person — which, of course, includes the price of pomegranate-as-potent-aphrodisiac. Ooh la la.
- Want a peek at the menu? Dinner will begin with an amuse — butternut squash soup with pomegranate marscapone and apples — and end with a mocha pomegranate tart. Diners will enjoy everything from Peconic Bay scallops to rack of lamb in between.
2. Rowdy Hall in East Hampton, 631.324.8555
- Beginning at 5 p.m. on Sunday, February 14, Rowdy Hall will be serving a la carte specials in addition to their regular menu. Specials include: a smoked duck salad appetizer, pan-roasted sea bass and a red velvet brownie.
3. Nick & Toni’s in East Hampton, 631.324.3550
- Beginning at 6 p.m. on Sunday, February 14, Nick & Toni’s will be serving a la carte specials in addition to the regular menu. Specials include: pan-roasted day boat scallops, pan-roasted orata filet, and a chocolate hazelnut eclair.
- Reservations are strongly suggested.
4. Art of Eating Catering‘s Valentine’s Day Oyster Brunch, 631.267.2411
- Spend Valentine’s Day with Slow Food East End and say, “Shuck ‘Em.” Enjoy cooked and raw oyster treats — warning: aphrodisiacs — and local wine and beer.
- Tickets cost $110 per person for Slow Food member and $125 for non-members.
5. North Fork Table & Inn in Southold, 631.765.0177
- Treat your sweetie to a cozy meal at this super-romantic North Fork gem. The North Fork Table & Inn will be open on Sunday, February 14, for brunch and lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Dinner will be served from 5:00 p.m.
- A special treat for early birds? Enjoy North Fork Table’s lunch tasting menu anytime on Valentine’s Day weekend, and they’ll toast you with a free glass of bubbly. Cheers to love!