Bars aren’t the only venues bringing the boos this Halloween. From the Long Island Aquarium in Riverhead to Gurney’s in Montauk, a number of local favorites are hosting parties at which you’re sure to have a ghoulish good time. Here’s our roundup of all the festive fun!
Saturday, October 31
Harlow East in Sag Harbor, 8 p.m. – 2 a.m., $25 (cash only)
- Harlow East will be hosting a Halloween extravaganza with a “Night of the Living Dead” theme. DJ Karin Ward will be spinning, and there will be a $500 prize for best costume.
Rowdy Hall in East Hampton, 8 p.m. – 12 a.m., $35 (includes first drink)
- Rowdy Hall will be throwing its 16th Annual Rowdyween party. Go in costume or nothing at all! DJ Noid will be spinning, and there will be $500 in cash prizes for the best costumes. Guests will receive one free drink ticket, and can take on $5 drafts/$6 well drinks thereafter.
Southampton Publick House in Southampton, 9 p.m. – 2 a.m., $10
- The Southampton Publick House will be throwing a party hosted by DJ Anthony from WEHM. DJ Dory will be spinning, and happy hour will go all night. There will be a $500 prize for best costume (awarded at midnight), with an additional $300 and $150-prize for the second and third best costumes respectively.
Stephen Talkhouse in Amagansett, 10 p.m. – 2 a.m., $15
- Stephen Talkhouse will be hosting a party with music by Hello Brooklyn. This will be a 21-and-over event.
Gurney’s Resort in Montauk, 9 p.m. – 2 a.m., Free Admission
- Gurney’s is throwing a Monster Mash at the Regent Cocktail Club. Attendees will enjoy music from a DJ, dancing and prizes for best costume, with the first place winner taking home a weekend at Gurney’s for two. Admission is free.
Page at 63 Main in Sag Harbor, 11 p.m. – 4 a.m., Free Admission
- Page at 63 Main is hosting a Halloween party with music by DJ Twilo. Admission is free. There will be a costume contest at midnight, with first place taking home a $300 prize.
Solé East in Montauk, 8 p.m. – 1 a.m., Free Admission
- Solé East invites all monsters, ghouls, witches and ghosts to celebrate Halloween in The Backyard to mark the 2015 season’s end. Guests may enjoy free bar food, drink specials, and live DJ music. Prizes for Best Costume. Admission to the party is free.
Backbar Grille in Southampton, 7 p.m. – 3 a.m., Free Admission
- Barbar Grille is hosting a Halloween party with a live DJ and dancing. There will be a costume contest and food/drink specials all night.
Martha Clara Vineyards in Riverhead, 7 p.m. – 10 p.m., $22.50 (advance, or $27.50 at the door)
- Martha Clara Vineyards will be hosting a Back to the ’80s Halloween party—which means, yes, all costumes should follow the ’80s theme. White Wedding will perform and prizes will be awarded for best costumes. Admission includes a free glass of wine.
Sunday, November 1 (The Day of the Dead)
La Fondita in Amagansett, All Day
- Celebrate the Mexican holiday Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) with traditional food specials at La Fondita. Menu items include: pork, chicken, chile-and-cheese tamales; poblano peppers; and Atole de Pina, the traditional drink of Day of the Dead.
Besito in Huntington and Roslyn, All Day
- Join Besito Mexican as they celebrate and educate their guests on the traditional Mexican Holiday of El Dia de los Muertos or, Day of the Dead. Their team will have their faces painted in the traditional Sugar Skull or Calaca style, traditional “ofrendas”will be displayed to honor the holiday while guests will be educated on the history of el Dia de los Muertos via keepsake cards. Besito will be celebrating this very important holiday with the sweet comforts of traditional foods as each location will prepare honorary Mexican dishes designed specifically for the holiday.
Long Island Aquarium in Riverhead, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Join the Long Island Aquarium as they celebrate Halloween – Aquarium style. All “buoys” and “ghouls” in costume will get 50% off admission with a paying adult (one child 12 years and under, per adult). Children will gather sweets and treats with their Safe Trick or Treating throughout the Aquarium. Their Unearthing Atlantis Dig will be transformed into a spooktacular haunted house by the amazing special effects team at Haunted Props. They will have face painting, author readings, the Live-brary team with the 3-D printer, a puppet show by Katie’s Puppets, playtime with Gymboree, craft and game stations, hay rides, pumpkins to paint and more!
Did we miss anything? Grab your costumes, let us know, and we’ll see you there!