New Year’s Eve on the East End; whoop it up, or take it easy.
I think the people who get the most use out of these lists are the ones who leave New Year’s Eve to the last minute. These may also be the kind of people who really don’t want anything to do on New Year’s but feel bad for themselves at the last minute, because everyone else is having fun without them. It’s not too late to remedy this! Hanging at the bar of a restaurant can be as much fun as a meticulously planned dinner. To the ramparts!
1. The Frisky Oyster will hold its now-famous balloon-filled party with three seatings at 6, 8 and 10 p.m. 631.477.4265.
2. The North Fork Table and Inn is open on New Year’s Eve from 5 to 10 p.m. Bar whiz and owner Mike Mraz says reservations are needed for a $75 three-course dinner. (Might be the deal of the night.) 631.765.0177. They will also be serving brunch on New Year’s Day from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
3. Cuveé at the Greenporter is having three seatings for a four-course fixed price dinner on New Year’s Eve: early seating at 5:30 p.m. for $39; late seatings at 7:3o and 9:30 p.m. for $59, the 9:30 seating includes a midnight Champagne toast. Don’t drink and drive! Rooms start at $159, package including dinner for two starts at $199. 631.477.0066.
4. First and South will be open New Year’s Eve with its winter menu and a special à la carte menu. A black-tie-encouraged party starts at 10:30 p.m. with snacks, music and dancing. On New Year’s Day, brunch begins at 11 a.m. and ends at 4 p.m. with bottomless bloody marys and mimosas. 631.333.2200.
5. The Topping Rose House will be serving its à la carte dinner menu and a four-course tasting menu during the first part of the evening and a five-course tasting menu for reservations after 8 p.m. Brunch on New Year’s Day runs from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. 631.537.0870.
7. Jedediah Hawkins is having a New Year’s Eve party with a band, Who Are Those Guys, and a fixed price menu paired with wines from Paumanok Vineyards. The early seating is $75; the late seating is $125 and includes a sparkling wine toast; add $30 for a pairing with Paumanok wines. Music starts at 10 p.m. 631.722.2900.
8. Pierre’s in Bridgehampton will have two seatings: a $60 fixed price dinner from 5 to 6:30 p.m., after that it’s a $105 fixed price dinner that includes a glass of sparkling wine. They will be open New Year’s Day from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. 631-537-5110.
9. Cowfish in Hampton Bays is open New Year’s Eve with two seatings at 6:30 and 9 p.m. for a four-course fixed price dinner for $75. Show up on New Year’s Day with your receipt from the night before and receive a free hair of the dog. 631.594.3868.
10. Almond restaurant’s New Year’s party starts at 9 p.m., and they will be offering a four-course fixed price menu for $85. Heads up for the conga line. 631.537.5665.
11. The Riverhead Project will have an à la carte dinner and dancing on New Year’s Eve and a New Year’s Day beer dinner for $40 starting at noon. 631.284-9300.