The interests of our readers—and writers—are as varied as your diet should be. People visit edibleeastend.com to learn about the area, find out about events and participate in cover selection. Below are the top 13 stories of 2013.
13. Dirt Lot Dinners at Ditch Plains
A food truck only adds to the allure of Montauk’s prime surfing spot.
12. The Occasional Vegetarian
Sid Lerner, the creator of Meatless Mondays.
11. North Fork Farm Stands Part II
The second half of pretty comprehensive roundup.
10. Farmer + Brewer = Long Island’s Wet-Hopped Beers of 2013
Local breweries are taking advantage of the fresh hops available from farmers. Fall is the time to drink wet-hopped beers.
9. Montauk Lands a CSF
The freshest fish is right at hand from this new community supported fishery.
8. A One-Man Dairy Farm
Raw milk enthusiasts have reason to cheer Chris Wines.
7. DIY: Probiotics by the Glass
One woman’s romance with kefir.
6. Luce’s Holding Company Buys Stirling Square, Will Open Restaurant, Café and Retail Shop
Everyone likes to read about chefs on the move.
5. Long Island’s Livestock
The story of the burgeoning livestock business on Long Island.
4. The Non-Corporate Restaurant Corporation
The East Hampton Grill makes its mark.
3. Off-Season in Montauk
Anthony’s Pancake House
It really is worth the trip.
2. Help Us Pick the Cover for Our Fall 2013 Issue
You know how it turned out.
1. The Lemonade Tree
Sumac is hot.