My family has a tradition of eating Chinese food on Christmas Eve. Why? I don’t know. To give my mother a break and only Chinese restaurants are open on Christmas Eve, shades of A Christmas Story? Anyway we ate it on Christmas mats on the china with the good silver. The next day we had another Thanksgiving dinner, turkey, trimmings, cranberry, mashed turnips, etc.
Things have evolved, restaurant choices for Christmas and Christmas Eve are now wide open. Here’s some places for East Enders to take a break from cooking for the holidays.
2. Stonewall’s is open Christmas Eve from 4 to 7 p.m. with a three-course fixed price menu, price depends on entrée, $30 to $49. 631.506.0777
3. Rowdy Hall will be will be open on Christmas Eve Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. 631.324.8555
4. The 13th annual Christmas Eve roast suckling pig dinner is at Almond restaurant. $31. 631.537.5665
5. The Living Room Restaurant at c/o The Maidstone will serve a three-course meal on Christmas Eve from 5:30 to 10 p.m. and on Christmas Day from noon to 3 p.m. 631.324.5006
6. aMano in Mattituck will be serving a Feast of the Seven Fishes dinner on Christmas Eve. A la carte. Open from 5 to 10 p.m. 631.298.4800
7. Stone Creek Inn is open Christmas Eve from 5:30 to 9 p.m. with its regular menu. 631.653.6770
8. Jedediah Hawkins is open on Christmas Eve from 5 to 9 p.m. with their à la carte menu plus some holiday specials. 631.722.2900
9. Topping Rose is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner on Christmas Eve. On Christmas Day is a special brunch/dinner menu from from noon to 6 p.m. 631.537.0870
Please let us know if we missed any! We’ll update the list as we go. Thanks.