Chef Colin Ambrose has a history of bringing a lot to the table—and he’ll continue that legacy at the 2nd annual Food Lab Conference this weekend. The conference will return to the Southampton campus of Stony Brook University this Friday, June 3, and will run through Sunday, June 5.
The event, “The Future of Food — Trends, Tastes and Directions: Who’s Shaping Them and Where They’re Heading,” will feature Carla Hall (co-host of ABC television’s “The Chew” and a former competitor and fan-favorite on Bravo’s “Top Chef” and “Top Chef All-Stars”) as keynote speaker, as well as innumerable other influential speakers and panelists (Edible‘s own editor in chief, Brian Halweil, among them).
But more than just food for thought, the Food Lab Conference will deliver plenty of food, period. And delicious food, too, from Ambrose.
We recently got a sneak peek at the menu. At the conference’s gala dinner on Saturday, June 4, attendees will enjoy the following:
- Spring Salad, with Amber Waves pea shoots, Balsam radishes, spring peas, and Estia’s homegrown garlic vinaigrette,
- Amber Waves wheatberry, organic brown rice, and shiitake mushroom pilaf,
- Montauk Dock Cioppino Verde with tilefish, scup, and scallops,
- Oregano Stuffed Porchetta served over Chilatole in Salsa Verde, and
- Hand-rolled pork loin in belly fat with homegrown herbs, lemon zest, and garlic.
We don’t know about you, but we’re getting hungry just thinking about it.
Tickets to the Food Lab Conference are still available and can be purchased here. Regular admission is $200. Student and farmer tickets to the three-day conference are $75; gala dinner only tickets are also $75.